Discover my favorite tools and resources to support your business in a busy online world.
You’ve probably heard that no one can do this alone. That’s all well and good, but what if you actually ARE starting or running your business alone? 90% of American businesses employ 20 or fewer employees and over half of those businesses employ from one to four employees.* I’ll tell you right now, you absolutely cannot open, and operate, and manage, and run social media, and plan events, and, and, and, without a little help. That’s where the beautiful world of technology comes into play!
90% of American businesses employ 20 or fewer employees. In fact, over half of those businesses employ from one to four employees. – Dun & Bradstreet*
Below is a list of the tools, apps, programs, websites, and people I have relied on in countless ways for multiple businesses to give me the edge I needed. I’m not saying that every business needs all these tools all the time, but both my clients and I have used these tools on multiple businesses with amazing results. Hopefully, you’ll get those same amazing results, too. If you have questions about how a specific program helped me, or if you want to share another resource with me, just shoot me an email!
BONUS: I have also included some of the awesome tools deals and discounts you can receive right through my website! Boom!
SOCIAL MEDIA & LEADS
- IFTTT: If This Then That is one of my favorite free tools for scheduling all things—apps, devices, all sorts of creative options here. I use the free plan, but they have some awesome upgrades, too.
- Buffer: I use Buffer and IFTTT like a dynamic duo! Publishing, analytics, engagement platform.
- Tailwind: Schedule all your Pinterest and Instagram posts in a snap! It’s like having a free marketing team!
- Interact Quizzes: Ever succumbed to one of those online quizzes to find out which Disney villain you are? This is how you build one for yourself!
- Later: Another awesome Instagram scheduler. I much prefer the desktop version over the mobile, just FYI.
- QuestionPro: All the surveys! Provides customized surveys with your branding and a lot of tools to make your surveys shine.
- Hello Bar: I love this tool by Neil Patel. It helps me to collect new leads and automate my engagement with them. We’re talking custom popups, page takeovers and sliders, email integration, plugins for WordPress, etc.
- NerdPress: YES! Let someone else deal with the frustrating, terrifying WordPress management!
- Web Styles Hawaii: This is my go-to web developer! For all things website!
- Pineapple Staffing: The virtual assistant you need now! So affordable that yes, even you, can afford to hire!
- Fiverr: I love this freelance service so much, that I actually outsource here! For anything you might need from Pinterest to logo design!
- Simple Pin Media: Looking to grow your Pinterest marketing? This company is awesome!
- Wise Business Plans: Need a little (or a lot) of help writing your business plan? This company makes it super simple.
- Live Plan: I love this site for making comprehensive business plans, including all the financial graphs and charts you will need to make your plan stand out.
CREATING GRAPHICS & PHOTOGRAPHY
- Pexels: An amazing source for free stock images!
- She Bold Stock: Stock photos with personality! Bright, happy, and full of style!
- ColorPick Eyedropper: Sample colors from any site!
- Coolors: This color palette generator can help you establish a theme, but more importantly, can make sure your color scheme is easy on the eyes.
- Afterlight: This app is great for mobile photograph editing, especially for amazing filters!
- Lightroom: Love! Lightroom is incredible for editing, organizing, and storing all your photos. A must for photographers!
- Namelix: This is a business name generator in case you need some inspiration.
- Death to Stock: Another great site for high-quality images! Their basic membership is roughly $12/mo, but if nothing else, I recommend signing up for their newsletter–they periodically send you free images right to your inbox and you never know how you can use those!
- Styled Stock: Ladies, this one is for you! Soft imagery, beautiful styling, and plenty of positive feminine energy make this site fabulous! Bonus: their search bar lets you hunt for keywords, genres, categories, and even colors!
ORGANIZATION & PRODUCTIVITY
- Calendly: This is a great scheduler for your calendar and meetings.
- OnceHub: This is a definite scheduling upgrade! Excellent for onboarding.
- Acuity Scheduling: Another awesome scheduling tool from Squarespace—perfect for coaching clients, podcast interviews, and business phone calls.
- Google Sheets: Free online spreadsheets you can access anywhere.
- Google Drive: A safe place to back up and access your files from any device, anywhere. I probably use this ten times a day.
- Google Calendar: Does anyone NOT use Google calendars?
- Google Keep: Free note taking app.
- Trello: Trello is all about helping your team work more productively.
- Things 3: Plan your day with the most minimalist task manager app I’ve found. It’s easy to use and no-nonsense.
- Asana: This free app helps you manage projects and communicate with your team. Also awesome for all those to-do lists.
- LastPass: Did you forget your password again? Store them all here so you don’t have to remember them all.
- Authy: Protect yourself with double password protection.
- Mile IQ: Accurate mileage reports and logging for all your business and personal needs. A MUST for taxes!
- Coschedule: An incredible system for marketers, in particular. Organize all your marketing in real-time or automation.
- Zoom: Virtual meetings, webinars, and educational tools. Reliable and easy to use!
REFERRALS & PR
SPA & WELLNESS SPECIFIC
Ooooo…I stumbled upon this software and LOVE it! Affordable, easy to follow, and just what you need (not a bunch of stuff you don’t, but have to pay for anyway). Customer service is fast and friendly, too. Follow the link and be sure to list “Amanda Furgiuele” in the box for how you heard about them!
Still one of my favorite booking and payment processing systems for the health and wellness industries. Love their customer service and all the integrations! Not going to lie, a little on the pricey side for the options out there, but their system offers a lot of all-in-one features.
- Virtuagym: For personal or business use, this company is gaining popularity as a one-stop-shop for virtual training, live workouts, and management software systems.
- Trainerize: A terrific way to increase member engagement with video calling and on-demand services.
- Exercise.com; Manage your entire fitness business in one place. See how it compares to MindBody and Trainerize!
- Perkville: An excellent rewards and referral program to incentivize your clients.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.