When was the last time you updated your website? And why would you even need to update your business website? Depending on what type of site you have, it may have been a while since you added new content, updated plugins, maybe even looked at it… or maybe you don’t even like it.
Do any of those sound like you?
The fact is that it’s 2022 and people are online more than ever. If your website isn’t up to the current industry standards (or your company’s) then you will quickly be outshined and outmaneuvered by all the businesses that are.
If that isn’t reason enough, here are six more reasons to update your website:
- SEO. Did you know that search engines actually look for updated sites when determining rank? Google’s search engine algorithms change multiple times a year. In fact, Google makes changes all the time and that can seriously affect your website’s ranking in search results. The more frequently updated websites will rank higher on a search.
- Loading Speed. The top reason for a high bounce rate is a slow loading speed. No one wants to view a slow website. I’m guilty of clicking off a site if it takes more than a few seconds to fully connect (and I’m relatively patient…ish). There are a few factors that affect these loading speeds including old themes, unoptimized links, video files, and even how your page is coded, so it’s a good idea to check your website updates for new technology.
- Privacy and Safety. Website servers often store information like personal emails, financial information, passwords, and more, and though any website (old or new) can be hacked, isn’t it a good idea to avoid that? An older site means older technology, which is much easier to breach.
- Branding. How much did you consider branding when you first created your site? Has your branding changed? Do you need an upgrade? Even if you make small branding adjustments, you still need to update your site. Your website is representing your business twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week! Make sure it’s representing who you really are, right now.
- Mobile Friendly. I hope I don’t even need to say this, but if your website isn’t mobile friendly, run, don’t walk to the nearest web designer! Over 50% of website traffic comes from a mobile device. Heck, it will probably be a higher percentage by the time I complete this sentence.
- Fancy Apps and Integrations. More and more plugins and third-party apps get created every year to help engage users, enhance performance, or just make things look and work better (and cooler). Adding these types of plugins is one of the major reasons to update your website. What kinds of integrations do I mean? Things like ecommerce, google analytics, social media, email marketing, etc. Optional? Yes. Important? 100%!
The overall benefits of updating your website’s design, content, and code are undeniable. A sleek look shows your customers that you are current and modern. Regularly updating your site with quality content can engage new and current clients and help you organically rank higher on searches. Using the latest technology can help protect sensitive information and create trust among users. I’d say all that is worth the few extra dollars (and hours) spent on getting an upgrade. Wouldn’t you?
If you’re ready to up-level your website (or if you need a completely new one), we’re here to help. Even if you choose not to use our web design services, we’d be happy to provide you with a consultation. Let’s schedule a call!