I’ve never been one to plan “traditional” New Year’s resolutions. Maybe it was all my years working in the fitness industry that soured me to the idea, but resolutions always seemed to be lost causes. After all, 80% of New Year’s Resolutions fail!
And why would I waste my time on an endeavor that had an 80% failure rate?
Despite that, every year someone asks me what my resolutions are, so as a preemptive strike against this, I am stating my personal (professional) goals (resolutions if you want to call them that) for 2023:
- Publish two more books. One of them is so close to being published (as I write this blog) that I feel like this is a pretty safe bet.
- Sell my online course. I’ve planned one, but haven’t dedicated the time needed to get it “out there.” It’s coming, folks … it’s coming!
- Double my podcasts! That’s right, I want those bad boys to come out EVERY week, not just every other week!
- Help at least 40 people publish their own books through my Writing Mastermind. Do YOU want to write a book? I can help!!!
- Help my clients reach over a million dollars in sales this year. I’d be stoked if they hit billions, but let’s be realistic—I don’t want to fall into that 80%.
- DON’T open another business. This might seem like a weird one, but I am a serial entrepreneur and I have a tendency to turn every hobby into a money-making endeavor, so one of my goals for 2023 is to NOT open another business.
Anything else is just a bonus.
And yes, I have personal goals, but these are the professional ones that are nearest and dearest to me right now.
If I had to give one piece of advice to anyone trying (yet again) to keep a New Year’s Resolution, it would be this: What is one thing you can do today to get you closer to your goal?
You don’t have to be perfect every day, but actually reaching a long-term goal takes dedication and consistency, so if you have something specific in mind, try to dedicate a little time every single day toward reaching your goal. You can do this. Really.
What are your 2023 goals?